We’d like to invite you to become a part of the TEDxCherryCreek Team and Family.
Event & Operations Manager
Have you ever wanted to be part of the behind-the-scenes team that curates TEDx events?
Would you like to join a team that is more a family than a team of workmates?
Does the idea of helping organize and present ‘Ideas Worth Spreading” under the TED brand sound like a goal worthy of your time?
If so, we are looking for you.
The Event and Operations Manager, reporting directly to the CEO/Executive Producer, will drive the logistical operations of the team and the events themselves. The role manages a variety of functions, ranging from the initial ‘call for speakers’, through speaker selection, training, vendor management, ticketing, and event front-of-house management.
This is a diverse and challenging role, ideal for a talented, high-performing, detail-oriented business operator ready to jump into a fast-paced environment.
We are a small team who curate 3 to 4 TEDx events per year. We are looking for an Event and Operations Manager with extremely strong event organizational skills to join us. If you feel you would thrive in an opportunity where your experience and contributions can make a difference by helping ideas worth spreading that can change the world, this position is for you!
- Work hand-on-hand with the Executive Producer
- Managing the online Google Doc repository of team documents
- Coordination with partners and vendors
- Assist with Social Media management
- Assist with speaker selection process
- Coordinate/Schedule speaker training
- Coordinate/Schedule pre/post event meetings
- Event Ticketing management
- Event Vendor Management
- Event Sponsor Management
- Assist with event setup
- Event Front-of-House Manager
- Coordinate/Schedule twice per year alumni events
EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENTS
- 1-3 years (minimum) Event Management experience preferred
- Outstanding communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proficient with Google Docs/Drive
- Experience with event ticketing systems (Eventbrite etc.) preferred
This is a Part-Time position
Position is fully REMOTE/Work from Home with occasional in person meetings and on-site during events.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Additional information can be found at www.tedxcherrycreek.com